Laparoscopic surgery also referred to as minimally invasive surgery describes the performance of surgical procedures with the assistance of a video camera and several thin instruments. During the surgical procedure, small incisions of up to half an inch are made and plastic tubes called ports are placed through these incisions. The camera and the instruments are then introduced through the ports which allow access to the inside of the patient.
Omar Hospital & Cardiac Centre is providing best facility to the patients for minimally invasive surgery.
Advance laparoscopic surgery with hand-access devices
- Bile duct reconstruction
- Hepaticojejunostomy (suturing an obstructive bile duct to the intestine to provide drainage to a bile duct blocked by tumor or other cause)
- Distal pancreatectomy
- Reconstruction of the gastrointestinal tract after a Whipple operation
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy
- Pancreaticojejunostomy and the Peustow procedure (suturing the jejunum to the pancreatic duct to provide drainage of pancreatic juice into the intestine in patients with obstruction of the pancreatic duct)